July 2013 favourites


Is it just me or has July seemed to last forever this year? Not that I'm complaining. We've had some wonderful weather, and it was my birthday month. Speaking of which, my favourites this month has pretty much consisted of all of the items I got for my birthday (which conveniently lands on the first day of July) but I thought it would be pretty boring of me to just relist everything that I put in my birthday haul post. Let's just take it for granted that I've either used my Stila In the Know palette, my Benefit Bronze of champions set, my Benefit Do the Bright Thing or a combination of all of them, every single day. Is that ok? Cool.

Saying that, one item that I got for my birthday I just had to feature in my favourites, because it impressed me so much, and that is my Shu Uemura eyelash curlers. Now, the eyelash curlers I was using before these were just some cheap ones from Superdrug, and they weren't very good. But I thought, what's the difference between brands of eyelash curlers anyway? Surely they all work in the same way and give the same effect? Boy was I wrong! These bad boys curl. I use them every day without fail, and I am never going back to the Superdrug special every again!

So with the weather being so beautiful and sunny this month, facial sunscreen is a must. I'm really trying to get into the habit of applying it everyday, even when the sun isn't out, so I really wanted to make sure that I found one that suits my skin. My skin is on the oily side, so a lot of sunscreens make me look really greasy and shiny. La Roche-Posay Anthelios XL Dry Touch Gel-Cream SPF 50+ is aimed at people with oily skin and is supposed to have a completely dry finish, and do you know what? It really does. I put this on after my moisturiser and before foundation a BB cream (if I'm wearing any) and my face is shine free! It's described as a gel-cream, but there's nothign gel-like about it. It's white and looks like a normal suncream, but doesn't leave any white marks on the skin and absorbs easily. I love it so much I've already repurchased it so I don't have to go without it when my current one runs out. It's usually £16.50 from Boots, but it's currently on a 25% off deal, so I would suggest if you want to try it out, now's the time!

Now with the current heatwave going on, I'm not a big fan of heavy make up. A cream blush is so easy to wear in the hotter months and Stila's convertable colour in Gladiola is perfect for me. It's a lovely orange colour which makes me look quite tanned when applied to my cheeks, and I can also use it as a lip colour. I love applying it with my Ecotools Buffing brush.

Last but not least is a really nice, easy lip colour to wear, in one of my favourite lip formats, a crayon. I find them so easy to apply, and this Sexy Mother Plucker Gloss Stick from Soap & Glory is a really nice subtle one for summer. It's much less pigmented than the Revlon Kissable Blam Stains, but I kind of like that. It gives me a really subtle lip colour (this one is Plum Jam) that wears off evenly and it has the most delicious vanilla scent. Yum.

0 comments:

Post a Comment