August favourites

August has been a great month for new products for me. All but one of these products are brand new to me and I have fallen in love with all of them.

Lets start first with a rediscovered product, the Rimmel Scandal Eyes Kohl eyeliner in nude. I've had this for a while, and while I like it, it's not been something that I have reached for very often. In August however, I went on a city break to Stockholm for a long weekend, and took this with me. The trip was brilliant, but absolutely exhausting, and my red eyes really gave away how tired I was. Applying this nude eyeliner to my waterline helped take away the redness and made me look much more bright eyed and bushy tailed!

Bourjois new Bronzing Primer was something I knew immediately that I would have to try. I've really been into bronzers recently and the idea of a cream one that I could wear under foundation was something that really intrigued me. I must say, this didn't disappoint. I applies really smoothly and has a lovely mousey consistency.  I don't wear foundation everyday, but I found I could wear this without and it wasn't overbearing at all.

Next is Maybelline Baby Lips, one of those products that everyone has been waiting to come to the UK. I finally got my hands on it as the Boots in the airport of all places, the only place that I had found to have it in stock. I got the red one, called Cherry Me. It's a great lip balm, and leaves my lips with a lovely red tint. It's not too pigmented, but it still gives me a nice colour to my lips.

The next item in my favourites has got to be a holy grail product for me. You may have heard a lot of talk about the Beauty Blender, which retails for £16. Well this is a dupe from Models Own. It comes in a pack of two and only costs £8. I haven't tried the Beauty Blender, but I am love with the Models Own version, and I can't really see the point in spending more money when this one works so well. One of the reasons I don't wear foundation too often is because I hate that it can make me look cakey. I've tried applying with my hands, and a buffing brush, but my foundation has never looked so good as when I apply it with this.

Mascara is something I never seem to buy for myself. I get so many mascaras in beauty boxes and gift sets that I never get to pick one out for myself! This mascara was no exception. I got this in a big Soap and Glory set that I bought at the beginning of the year, and have only just got around to using it (additionally, since opening this mascara I have got two samples of Benefits They're Real in birthday present gift sets and a Jelly Pong Pong mascara in a Glossy box!) I think this mascara is amazing. It really makes my lashes look long and thick. I actually compared it to They're Real (I took one of the samples away with me) and I actually think (don't shoot me) that I prefer the Soap and Glory Thick and Fast one.

All in all, it's been a great month for trying new stuff. I really recommend every one of these products so if you try any of them, please let me know.

0 comments:

Post a Comment