September favourites

Wow, September was cold right? It seems like the day the calendar flipped over to September 1st was the day the sun went into hiding and the rain came out. Still, at least we now have Halloween to look forward to!

The first thing I want to talk about is the Couture Carnival Body Mist by & Other Stories. Oh my. This is just deliciousness in a bottle. I'm a sucker for sweet scents and this seems like it was made for me. If you're not into sweet scents then this may be a bit sickly for you but for me it is pure..."mmmmmm...." The website describes it as "Juicy strawberry, raspberry and guava medley is sprinkled with lily of the valley while patchouli, black amber and a gourmet note of praline add depth." Does that not just sound awesome?!

My next favourite is the Mary-Lou Manizer by The Balm. I have been eyeing this up for quite a while as the reviews on this are so good, but I kept telling myself that I didn't need it. Then I saw it on offer in the FeelUnique sale and I caved. I'm so glad I did. It's such a lovely highlighter, and gives such a beautiful glow and it feels so silky on the skin.

Make Up Academy is one of my favourite make-up brands. The items are so cheap but really good quality, and in my eyes, they are the Queen of the dupe. I already have the Undress Me and Undress Me Too palettes which are dupes of the Urban Decay Naked palettes and I absolutely love them. The Smokin' palette is a dupe of Urban Decays Smoked palette (see what they did there?) and it is sooooo beautiful. I'm going to post a review with swatches, but let me just tell you that I have been wearing this palette pretty much every day since I got it.

My last favourite this month is the Chocomania Body Scrub from the Body Shop. This came in a set that I got for christmas and whilst I had already used the other items in the set it took me a while to get around to the body scrub. When I first opened the pot I must say I was a little disappointed. Whilst it smelt gorgeous, it didn't feel very scrubby. I usually use body scrubs with quite large beads as I can really feel them working, but this scrub is quite fine so I really didn't expect alot. When I tried it though, I find it to actually be really exfoliating and surprisingly, really moisturising. It almost felt like an oil on my skin. I would really recommend this scrub for dry legs.

And that's it! I always feel like my monthly favourites are quite light, but I'd much rather pick products that I have actually been using throughout the month and am particularly loving, rather than a long list of fillers.





0 comments:

Post a Comment