DIY Mojito Foot Scrub

Reading my last you will have noticed that I'm a big scrubber at the moment. One scrub that didn't feature in my routine was a foot scrub, so I decided to make one with some simple ingredients that I had lying around the house. I've called it my Mojito Foot scrub as it features lime juice and mint (no alcohol I'm afraid). Here's how I made it.


You will need; Course sea or rock salt, almond oil, the juice or a lime, some fresh mint and a jar to store it all in.

To start with, I poured some of the salt into the empty jar. Now because you have fresh ingredients in here, this scrub will not last for months on end, so I only filled about a quarter of the jar. You can always make more as and when you need it. Then I poured in the almond oil whilst stirring the salt. I would say I poured in around 5 tbs but it's very easy to do by eye. You want the oil to cover the salt but you don't want the salt swimming in it. Then I added the juice of half a lime and around a heaped tbs of chopped mint leaves. And that's it! The salt is great at exfoliating the feet, and the almond oil leaves your tootsies feeling so smooth and soft. The lime juice and mint make it feel really refreshing but does mean that you should keep this mixture in the fridge.

 The great thing with this scrub is you can cater it to your taste. Don't like lime and mint? Why not try some any essential oils you have? Lavender would smell nice and comforting and tea tree oil is anti bacterial. Almond oil is very nourishing but you could substitute this with a number of different oils.

Happy scrubbing!

0 comments:

Post a Comment