Sunday smoothie

Sunday is a pamper day, everyone knows that. Sunday is the day where you take a long hot bath, wack a hair mask on and make sure you're looking your most refresh and polished for Monday morning.

I've been obsessed recently with getting smooth baby soft skin, and I've found a routine that really works for me, so I thought I'd share it with you guys. Here's my Sunday night line-up!

I like to take a nice long hot bath on a Sunday night, always with bubbles or a bath bomb. I give my skin a good scrub with Soap & Glory's Sugar Crush Body Scrub. It smells absolutely gorgeous, like a mojito with some extra sugar thrown in (smashed brown sugar, sweet lime, almond oil and macadamia grains if you want a more professional scent breakdown!) and makes your skin so smooth and supple. Not only does it exfoliate your skin but the almond oil in it really leaves it feeling moisturised and smooth. Next comes a product that everyone and their mother is using for everything - coconut oil. You can use coconut oil for pretty much everything; cooking, moisturising, shaving, removing make-up, the list goes on. Of course the product I've been using is from Superdrug and is fragranced so please, please don't pot this one in your food! I actually just stocked up on the one pictured as it was two for £3, and then ten minutes later as I was walking around our local ethnic food shop saw a big tub of pure coconut oil for less so that's where I'll be heading when my current stash runs out. Anyway, coconut oil is solid at room temperature so I like to float the tub in my bath water as I soak so it's a liquid for when I need it. I apply it to my hair to give that an extra boost of moisture, and rinse it out separately at the end of my bath. When I'm done with my soak, I apply the coconut oil to my wet skin. Face, body, feet. I cover myself in the stuff. I let it absorb into my skin as much as possible and then if I'm skill a bit damp dry myself with a towel. Ok, by this point I'm feeling pretty smooth. I'm smothered in all types of oil. But do I stop there? Hell no! I like to imaging that the coconut oil absorbs into my skin giving a good dose of moisture, but then I like to put a body lotion over the top because I feel like it locks in the moisture that's just been put in. Hence another delicious smelling Soap & Glory product. This is the Smoothie Star Deep Moisture Body Milk. And again it smells good enough to eat. Almond, Cocoa, Yogurt, Oat and Honey is how it's described and it leaves me smelling like a cookie.

Now this triple whammy of a body smoothing routine isn't just limited to a Sunday night, I try and do this whenever I have a long bath or shower (sometimes missing out the scrub as I don't want to be too abrasive with my skin) and holy shit have I noticed a difference to my skin! I feel soooooo soft. My face looks smoother and feels softer and you should feel my butt! It's never felt so smooth. Ahem. Anyway, seriously, give this a go and tell me you don't see results. I dare you!

My last smoothing tip for a Sunday night is REN's Glycolactic Radiance Renewal Mask. Taken from the website;

"A potent bio active peel mask designed to renew the complexion, reduce the appearance of fine lines and dramatically improve skin tone.

Awarded Best for Instant Brightening in Martha Stewart Weddings Big-Day Beauty Awards 2012: The Best in Wedding Skin Care.

Results:



  • Removes dead skin cells to renew the complexion
  • Skin looks brighter, healthier, more radiant
  • Helps reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles
  • Combats congestion, blackheads and blemishes" 
It does have lactic acid in it, so if you've got sensitive skin then I wouldn't recommend this an I only use it once a week, but again, afterwards my skin feels so soft and just looks so bright and radiant. It really is a treat if you've had a heavy weekend (or if you've sat on the sofa watching 6 hours of Come Dine with Me).

So those are my top tips to leave you feeling smooth and polished ready for Monday. Do you have a special routine for a Sunday night?

0 comments:

Post a Comment