May favourites


Time for my first monthly favourite. I love looking at everyone's monthly favourites, although my purse is probably not too happy!

Anyway, May has been a great month for me skin-wise. I've added quite a few new products into my routine, and my smoother skin may be down to one product, or a combination of all of them, but I've limited my favourites down to just two face skincare items and two for the body. The first face product is Aesops Primrose Facial Cleansing Masque. I originally went into the store with the Parsley Seed mask on my mind, but speaking to the woman there I came out with this one instead. It's more potent than the Parsley Seed one, which was a selling point for me as my skin isn't particularly sensitive and really I would only have time to use this once a week. She also said this was particularly good for those who live in London like I do, as it is very good at decongesting the skin. Now, I've only ever really used cheap clay masks before and this feels nothing like that. It's quite thin actually, and feels really silky on the skin. It just feels such good quality. I wouldn't say it burns...but I can definitely feel it working. Afterwards my skin looks so radiant. I love it.

The other face product is the Pixi Glow Tonic, which I have been dying to get my hands on. It's an exfoliating toner that is apparently a dupe for P50, a much more expensive one. You can't order this online, you have to either go to their store just of Carnaby Street, or call them up and they will post one to you. I believe postage is around £5, but don't quote me on that. I went into their shop and when the woman asked if I need help, I said "actually I know exactly what I'm looking for". "Glow Tonic." she said knowingly. That's how hyped this product is. She had a pile of parcels behind the desk waiting to be posted out. And this product really is brilliant. I'll definitely be repurchasing this. At £16 it's a steal!

Now the body stuff. Coconut oil. I can't really say much about that. I love the stuff. I've never been so bloody smooth! Just look at my Sunday Smoothie post to see how I use it.

Then Burt's Bee's Almond Milk hand cream. Now this is pretty thick stuff, so I only really use it at night, but it smells yummy and does such great stuff for my hands.

Finally two make up products. The Maybelline Colour Tattoo in On and on bronze has been a staple in pretty much everyones make up bag so it seems. I'm a little late on the bandwagon. I've had Eternal Taupe for ages and I really love it. I'm all about mattes and neutrals so that was perfect for me, and although everyone raved about the bronze one, everytime I'd look at it in the shops, it just looked so...metallic. I don't even like metallic eyeshadow! Anyway, eventually I gave in, and holy shit was I wrong. I freaking love this eyeshadow. Because I'm lazy, I love that I can just smear a bit on my eyelids and be done with it. It looks amazing, and it's so effortless. SOLD!

Last is a bloody bargain of a blush. Dainty Doll is a brand that caters particularly for pale skin (it's a line from the ginger one from Girls Aloud apparently) and I think it's been discontinued but I found this blush at Fragrance Direct for an amazing £1.99. Last time I looked it was on sale at boots for £13.99! If you're looking for any Dainty Doll products I suggest you head there. Anyway, I ordered this shade (You Are My Sunshine) because it's supposed to be a bit like Nars orgasm, a coral colour with a gold sheen. When I first opened it I was extremely unsure. It looks really gold in the pan. And despite what my new Colour Tattoo might suggest, I'm really not one for metallics. But this shade I have worn practically every day in May. It makes me glow. Seriously. The gold sheen in it acts like a highlighter and the colour is such a pretty peachy coral on the skin. Who would have thunk it? Am I secretly a metallic lover?

I'd love to hear about your monthly favourites!

0 comments:

Post a Comment